Virtual Programming and Pre-Vocational Training
We provide learning and work experiences to help individuals with I&DD succeed in the community.
We have an exciting offering at The Arc Gloucester! Virtual Programming is now available for individuals who reside at or participate in programming at The Arc Gloucester. Those who are not currently receiving services with The Arc Gloucester are welcome to register, but will need to contact their Support Coordinator for the intake process.
Check out our class list below, and don't forget to register by clicking the link below!
Monday Class Descriptions:
10:00 am - All Around the United States
- We will be exploring different places throughout the US by using maps, pictures, songs and activities. We will be learning interesting facts as we visit unique and exciting locations
11:00 am - Health and Safety
- In this class, we will discuss how to improve your health, safety and awareness at home, work and in the community. We will cover what to do in case of various emergencies as well as explore different ways to cope with stress.
12:00 pm - TV Game Show
- Guess the famous TV show by heating the theme song! Some TV shows have iconic theme songs that you instantly recognize. After just a few notes play of theme songs for shows like The Simpsons, Batman, The Addam's Family, and The Flinstones, you'll instantly recognize the song and can picture the show in your mind! This memory game will strengthen your mind while we have fun playing the music of shows we love and guess the titles!
1:00 pm - Chair Fitness with Maria
- In this class we will explore low impact exercises that can be done while sitting or standing and can be adapted to many different ability levels. We will mainly be working with our arms and work briefly on our legs as well. We will incorporate household items for weights if you are comfortable with adding a little more intensity.
2:00 pm - Mystery Monday: Who Done It?!
- Get your detective skills ready as we examine and discuss clues, witnesses and interrogate suspects to figure out "who done it!" We will learn how real detectives solve their mysteries.
Tuesday Class Descriptions
10:00 am - Welcome to Spanish
- Bienvenidos! Join us as we learn basic words in Spanish while engaging in fun activities. We will be learning basic greetings, numbers, colors and much more! We will also explore the culture of Spanish speaking countries.
11:00 am - Basic Cooking
- Do you need a little help in the kitchen? In this class, you will learn how to prepare simple snacks, lunches and desserts! Join us as we create delicious treats with basic ingredients and tools!
12:00 pm - Social Media Training
- In this class, we will explore the wondrous world of Social Media! The Arc Gloucester has teamed up with ASuggestion to create a safe and secure message board for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We will explore the basics like signing up and signing in, all the way up to interacting with others and creating your safe space to interact.
1:00 pm - Book Club Advanced
- You will need to be accepted into this class. This group will pick a young adult level book. We will read it together and gain a better understanding through discussion question and answers.
2:00 pm - Fables and Legends
- We will dive into the world of heroes both mythical and real through reading and discussing their adventurous tales! We will discuss the theme and the lesson from each tale as we bring these heroes into our lives!
Wednesday Class Descriptions
10:00 am - Fun with Flip Cards
- Flip cards are a fun and interactive learning tool that we will use to cover many different topics. With every flip of a card the participants will explore and discuss different aspects of life. Participants will have fun answering the questions and participating in the discussion after.
11:00 am - Chair Fitness with Ana!
- This class offers low impact exercises that can be done in a chair. Exercises will vary and focus on the upper and lower muscle groups. Join us in incorporating household items as weights to make it more challenging, or simply use your arms and legs to get a work out.
12:00 pm - Nutritous and Delicious
- Making good food choices is important to your health and well-being. In this class we will discuss how to make the best choices and still enjoy your meals!
1:00 pm - Self-Advocacy
- We will be talking about our rights, our dreams for the future, and how to obtain both through advocating for ourselves and those we care about.
2:00 pm - Bingo with Ana!
- This classic game of chance where players match the numbers on their board with the number the host randomly draws. Players mark the numbers called and when they get five in a row they yell out BINGO! First one to Bingo wins!
Thursday Class Descriptions
10:00 am - Book Club with Dr. Seuss and Friends
- In this class we will enjoy books and stories for everyone. Let’s have fun reading The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Suess! We will also enjoy reciting our favorite nursey rhymes!
11:00 am - Life Skills
- Everyone needs a little help sometimes! This class will review daily living skills from morning to night. From picking the appropriate clothing for the weather to increasing awareness in the community, we will work to improve the participants’ skills as they work towards independence.
12:00 pm - Memory Game
- Items and objects found in fun locations throughout the world, such as the Zoom, Disney World, or in your home will be placed on a memory board. After looking at the memory board for 1 minute, participants will try to recall as many items as they can. The participant that recalls the most items wins! Have fun and stimulate your mind!
1:00 pm - Holiday Sing Along
- Ready to impress your friends and family at the holidays? Join us as we have fun learning and practicing your favorite holiday songs. The best way to spread cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
2:00 pm - Dance Party Fitness
- Calling all music fans! In this class we will explore a fun way to get our bodies moving and our heart rate elevated to exercise our bodies! Join us for a dance party that will also give us a great workout!
Friday Class Descriptions
9:15 am - Sensory Exploration
- How do we experience the world around us? Join us as we explore the various ways we use our senses to understand the world around us. We will discuss and demonstrate how sights, sounds, smells, tastes and touch affects us and the emotions they can bring out in us.
10:00 am - Book Club by Chapter
- We will be enjoying books such as Charlotte’s Web, where we will read and discuss 2-3 chapters a week. Let’s have fun trying to predict what happens the next week.
11:00 am - TBD
12:00 pm - Pets and Animals
- Let’s have fun learning about animals all around the world! We will be using video, pictures, and sounds to explore the world of animals at home, in zoos, and in their natural habitat! Maybe we will even get a few special guests to join us!
1:00 pm - The Flameless Cooking Class
- In this class we will explore both savory and sweet recipes that anyone can make with just a few ingredients as well as a microwave. We will explore different recipes that can be created without the need of fire. Each week we will dive into a new recipe with step-by-step instructions along the way.
Our new partnership with ASuggestion allows for a secure, safe and anonymous social media interaction for the individuals in our programs. Once invited with a secure link, individuals can interact in meaningful and engaging ways. Individuals can subscribe to pages like:
- Wake Up Call with Agency Nurse Robyn
- Pep Band Room
- Camp Sun N Fun Room
- Sports Fans Room
- and more!
The possibilities are endless! There are many more rooms to come. Find out more about Social Rooms by emailing LConley@thearcgloucester.net!
Your Next Steps
The Arc Bakery
Fresh baked goods at great prices! We invite you to call or stop in today to place your order.
The Arc Copy Center
Visit The Arc Gloucester Copy Center to get your copies made!
Arc Mobile LaborNeed your yard cleaned up for the season? Have a few tasks you need some help with? Look no further! We can help.
The Arc Thrift Shop
Thrifting is in, and we have the goods! We sell gently used clothes, household items, books and more!
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode