Employment Specialist Supervisor
Department: Supported Employment/Individual
Qualifications: Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field, plus one year of successful experience in human services or employment services or graduated from an accredited college with an Associate’s degree plus two years of successful experience in human services or graduated with a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience in occupational areas similar to those being offered at the program. A combination of college and technical school may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Have a clear understanding of the demands and expectations in business and industry. Successfully pass initial and ongoing state/federal criminal background checks, CARI checks, Central Registry check and drug screens. Have and maintain a valid NJ driver’s license with less than 5 points. Must have reliable transportation and proof of current car insurance if transporting clients in their vehicles. Have good written and verbal presentation skills. Able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekends.
Mandatory Training: Must successfully complete training in Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, Standard First Aide/CPR, Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Danielle’s Law, Employment Specialist training, Bundle Medication Mock Med – within the required time frames. And, complete required additional training hours as mandated by The Arc Gloucester and its funding sources.
Supervision: Will be under the direct supervision of the Team Leader for that program.
Objective: To identify and develop opportunities for pre-employment and employment services such as but not limited to career planning, prevocational training, community based supports (individual & small group), transportation, job development, job coaching, recruiting staff and individuals needing services and long term follow along services.
Major Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Team Leader, to develop, implement and monitor pre-employment and employment services funded through various funding sources including but not limited to DDD and DVRS.
- DDD/Supports Program and CCW Program: Assist with the development and implementation of opportunities for services under the Fee For Service System, such as career planning, prevocational training, community based supports, supported employment, ISPs, curriculums, benefits, transportation and travel training.
- Directly supervise the Employment Specialists. Create and monitor employee schedules. Provide materials and training support to The Arc Gloucester employees, as well as, other employers in the community. Provide support to employers in the community and direct monitoring.
- Establish a working relationship with the funding sources and support coordination agencies.
- Utilize The Arc Gloucester’s businesses as well as the community sites as pre-employment and employment-related training sites.
- Comply with all policies and procedures including but not limited to The Arc Gloucester’s Policies and Procedures, DDD SE/Day Program Manual, DDD Supports Manual, DDD CCP Manual, DVRS Contract Agreements, CQL Accreditation Requirements and all applicable State, Local and Federal regulations. Cooperate with all State/Federal reviews.
- DVRS/Job Development: Assist with the development and implementation of employment related opportunities.
- DVRS/Long Term Follow Along: Assist with the development and implementation of employment related services under DVRS.
- Complete all required paperwork and billing documents within the established time frames for each funding source.
- Document manually and electronically as required by The Arc Gloucester and its funding sources.
- Assist with transportation as needed. Complete vehicles logs and mileage sheets.
- Perform other duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily on the attached Job Analysis sheet. on the attached Job Analysis sheet. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Qualifications: BA/BS degree with at least two years of related experience is required. Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete training as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and/or other funding sources. Employees are required to complete the mandated preservice training as well as the ongoing annual professional development hours thereafter. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends if necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Category: Exempt – Full-time – 12 months
Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervision: Assistant Executive Director
- Demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for the Mission of The Arc Gloucester.
- Planning and Executing Fundraising and Community Awareness events of all sizes.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience planning and executing successful fundraising and community awareness events of all sizes, experience implementing donor engagement, including: managing donor relationships, communicating and meeting with donors, overseeing gift recording and acknowledgment, researching ways to bring in additional funds, and experience working with prospect research software. Must possess excellent organizational and computer skills. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Adult Activities Center Nurse
Qualifications: High School Diploma and current New Jersey LPN License
Supervision: Center Supervisor
Objective: Under administrative supervision provides appropriate and responsible services in a daily training center program for people with developmental disabilities requiring extensive care.
- Measure and administer oral and/or external medications in accordance with physician’s standing orders.
- Maintains daily consumer medication records.
- Reports general observations of consumer’s medical conditions to center supervisor.
- Performs basic first aid as required.
- Assists consumers in physical therapy activities as directed.
- Assists consumers in routine bathing, feeding and toilet training programs.
- Participates in annual consumer program planning.
- Completes routine daily consumer training records and current progress reports.
- Assists in loading and unloading consumers from vehicles when necessary.
- Participates in extracurricular center activities during evening and weekend times as necessary.
- All staff must comply with the DDD Program Manual, The Arc Gloucester Policies and Procedures Manual and applicable state, local and federal regulations.
- Employee must cooperate with The Arc Gloucester, Division Staff and Developmental Disability Licensing staff in any review, investigation or inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to consumers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk to hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Food Services Supervisor Worker
Position Summary: The Food Service Worker is responsible for providing high quality products for our customers and guests, while ensuring a SAFE, CLEAN, and FRIENDLY environment.
Qualifications: The Arc of Gloucester Food Service Worker ensures that products of the highest quality are consistently created for our customers and guests. As well, the Food Service Worker contributes to superior service by meeting production demands while providing our program participants the opportunity for vocational training, volunteerism, and skills to obtain gainful employment in a supportive and progressive work environment. You will be expected to follow strict proprietary recipes established by The Arc Gloucester Food Services leadership, as well as, prescribed processes, methodology, and food safety standards. In addition, your performance will be measured by the adherence to The Arc Gloucester’s mission and core values while in the workplace.
The Arc Bakery offers a wide palate of items (i.e. tea, coffee, smoothies, as well as, an assortment of snacks, cakes and desserts). We strive to produce products of the highest quality which includes a range of health centric options.
Category: Non-Exempt – Full-Time – 12 months
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm, 40 hours per week
Supervision: Food Service Supervisor
- Follows proprietary recipes and production methods with precision and achieves productivity goals.
- Effectively utilizes measuring instruments, commercial-grade mixers and ovens, and other culinary instruments.
- Accurately prepares raw ingredients and equipment for baking, places pans into hot oven and monitors the baking process.
- Adheres to the proper packaging, labeling, and storage of products as well as product rotation standards, and maintains baking and refrigeration logs.
- Assists in the development of production plan, monitors inventory of supplies, and notifies management when supply replenishment is required.
- Evaluates raw ingredients and finished products to ensure Food Services standards are met and informs management of any quality control issues.
- Cleans sanitizes and restocks the workstation and ensures all supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines outlined by Food Services leadership and The Arc Gloucester policies and procedures.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
- Participate in workshop and in-service programs, attending all required meetings.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with staff, individuals in training, all Arc of Gloucester personnel, and outside agencies.
- Report any problems or accidents occurring to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Adhere to federal statutes and regulations, State and local health agency requirements, DDD rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Is able to understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as recipes, operating procedures, and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Understands basic units of measurement used in the U.S.
- Has the ability to perform repetitious, physical tasks that require the strength to lift items of moderate to heavy weight (as much as 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods of time.
- Is able to operate commercial-grade ovens and other bakery equipment and work adjacent to a high-heat source.
- Is meticulous about using exact measurements, paying strict attention to timing and working on a tight, fast-paced production schedule.
- Can evaluate products, processes, information, and surroundings to determine compliance with standards.
- Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Satisfactorily pass physical/drug screening/criminal check which includes CARI.
- Previous experience as a food service worker/baker/decorator or in another operational support role at a bakery, restaurant or foodservice environment is a plus.
- Previous experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities is a plus.
- Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete training as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and/or other funding sources. Employees are required to complete the mandated preservice training at required times as well as the ongoing annual professional development hours thereafter.
- Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Day
Full Time Monday through Friday at one of our several Adult Training Sites in Gloucester County working with men and women with developmental disabilities.
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL's) i.e. feeding, toileting, changing diapers.
- Provide consumers with recreational opportunities.
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license required
- Over 18 years of age
- Ability to successfully pass a physical which includes a drug screen, criminal background check, and CARI is required.
- Previous experience as a nurse's aide or training is preferred.
(See also Position Fact Sheet or ask about our As Needed Substitute Staff)
Residential and Assistant Residential Manager
The Arc Gloucester is seeking both a Director and an Assistant Residential Manager to work full time in a Group Home in Gloucester County.
- A minimum of three years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required with 5 points or less.
- FT benefits package.
Driver - CDL - Part-time 28 hours
Local driving of the indivudals we service to their activities and programs. Responsible for ensuring passenger safety, the cleaning of vehicle and communication for the need for repairs. A CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement required with 5 points or less. Satisfactorily pass physical/drug screaming/criminal check chich includes CARI check.
Driver - Substitute - as needed
Local driving of the individuals we service to their activities and programs, mainly in the evenings and weekends. Responsible for ensuring passenger safety, the cleaning of the vehicle and communication for the need for repairs. A driver's license required with 5 points or less. Satisfactorily pass ongoing physical/drug screening/criminal check which includes CARI check.
In-Home Respite Program and Saturday Drop-Off P/T, 15-19 hrs. per week (avg.); provide direct care services for children and adults with developmental disabilities either in their homes or in center based program; various days/hours based on the need of the families, with late afternoon, night and weekend hours being the most needed; must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver's license with 5 points or less to travel throughout Gloucester County and HS diploma/GED is required; experience with children and/or adults with developmental disabilities a plus.
After School Aide – Part time
Provide supervision and assistance to children with development disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities in an after school program. Potential hours are from 2 pm to 6 pm Monday - Friday when school is in session and vary with student participation.
Experience working with children (ages 5 - 21) with developmental disabilities a plus. Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete the provided training within ninety (90) days of date of hire. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license. High School Diploma or GED required
Maintenance (Handyperson) Worker
Basic knowledge and experience of maintenance and repairs to office, buildings, grounds and equipment. Must have general handyperson knowledge such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, janitorial, lawn maintenance and snow removal. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, effectively and professionally with program staff and individuals served.
Camp Sun N Fun - Summer Seasonal Camp Positions
It is not too early to think about working for the summer only at our day and overnight camp. Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school degree or GED and willing to be trained and have fun. Our camp is located in a beautifully wooded rural section of Williamstown, NJ. THe camp's charming, rustic atmosphere and diverse staff including international exchange counselors, offers camping excellence for campers (children and adults) each session. Go to https://campsunnfun.campbrainstaff.com to apply for Camp positions. If offered any camp position, all candidates must successfully pass a post offer physical which includes a drug screen as well as criminal, CARI, reference checks and NJ Central Registry.
If offered any position, all candidates must successfully pass a post offer physical which includes a drug screen as well as criminal, CARI, reference checks and NJ Central Registry checks.
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode