Managing Director of Residential Services
Qualifications: BA/BS Degree and (7) years' experience in the Human Services or related field. Master's is preferred; (5) years in a mangement role. Must have knowledge of assessment strategies, demonstrate competent decision making, strong fiscal acuity, team leadership skills, ability to train/develop/mentor staff, strong oversight initiative, and have experience in program management. Must have a current driver's license with (5) points or less. Successfully pass initial and ongoing State/Federal Criminal Background checks, CARI checks, Central Registry Checks, Central Registry checks and drug screens. Must be flexible and available to take scheduled rotational on-call, work occasional weekends and evenings, and other durties assigned by your Supervisor. Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with colleagues and inter-disciplinary teams. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all times with staff, leadership, families, State and Federal agencies, and most importantly, the individuals we serve. The Arc Gloucester is committed to a culture of compliance. Sccessful candidate will demonstrate a high level of integrity, always be willing to "do the right thing," report issues and concerns and hold themselves and others accountable. Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete training as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and/or other funding sources. Employees are required to complete the mandated preservice training at required time as well as the ongoing annual professional development hours thereafter. Must be at least 18 years of age.
CATEGORY OF EMPLOYMENT: Sr. Management/Exempt – Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
Summary: Management position whose role is to develop, enhance and sustain Residential Services . Major emphasis will be on the implementation of billable services compliant with the Division of Developmental Disabilities and Medicaid Fee for Service billing system. Directs multiple sites and services. Responsible for compliance with DDD and Medicaid regulations; at all times. Accountable for overall service delivery and capturing compliant daily billable data for all activities via the electronic health system (Therap).
Description of Duties:
- Provide leadership and coordination of business systems – organizational procedures and processes used to deliver services – with major emphasis on implementation and oversight of the electronic health records system.
- Work with executive team and other department leads to implement feasibility and cost benefit analysis of residential programs; track and monitor progress and provide continuous status reports.
- Work closely and in concert with program supervisors to ensure operational effectiveness, efficiencies and positive, measured outcomes. Recommend timely course corrections when necessary.
- Assess the need and delivery of staff training and resources necessary (e.g., computers, mobile devices, software, data entry, etc.) to achieve and sustain positive outcomes.
- Develop program work plans that reflect the organization's unique characteristics, each program’s specific goals as well as health and safety concerns of consumers.
- Provide guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve programs' understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
- Positively represent the agency in all interactions with staff, consumers, families and other stakeholders, as well as regulators on compliance issues.
- Coordinate efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations complying with all federal and state laws as well as DDD and Medicaid guidelines.
- Provide leadership to program staff and supervisors including hiring, training, and evaluating job performances annually, as well as providing corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including continuous review of programs.
- Participation in the agency administrative on-call rotation.
- Assist with agency staff training and compliance tasks as needed.
- Participate in the hiring, progressive discipline, evaluation and termination process. Responsible for supervisory staff annual performance appraisals
- Maintain confidentiality as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Comply with DDD and other funding Program Manuals, The Arc Gloucester Policies and Procedures Manual and applicable state, local and federal regulations, including all relevant state and federal regulations (i.e. Stephen Komninos' Law and Danielle's Law.)
- Cooperate with The Arc Gloucester, DHS' Licencsing Staff, and DDD staff and other funding sources in any review, investigation or inspection
- Complete other duties as assigned or required.
Assistant Director of Residential Services
Qualifications: BA/BS degree and (5) years’ experience in the Human Services or related field is preferred; (3) years in a management role. Or ten (10) years’ experience in the Human Services field specifically serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, seniors, or the mental with (7) years in a management role. Must have knowledge of assessment strategies, demonstrate competent decision making, strong fiscal acuity, team leadership skills, ability to train/develop/mentor staff, strong oversight initiative, and ideally have experience in program management. Must have a current driver’s license with (5) points or less. Successfully pass initial and ongoing State/Federal Criminal Background checks, CARI checks, Central Registry checks and drug screens. Must be flexible and available to take scheduled rotational on-call, work occasional weekends and evenings, and other duties assigned by your Supervisor. Must be a team player and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and inter-disciplinary teams. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all times with staff, leadership, families, State and Federal agencies, and most importantly the individuals we serve. The Arc Gloucester is committed to a culture of compliance. Successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of integrity, always be willing to “do the right thing”, report issues and concerns, and hold themselves and others accountable.
Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete training as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and/or other funding sources. Employees are required to complete the mandated preservice training at required time as well as the ongoing annual professional development hours thereafter. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Managing Director of Residential Service
Summary:The Assistant Director of Residential will supervise and be responsible for the operation of residential programs within the community. They are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these programs.
- The Assistant Director promotes and projects The Arc Gloucester Mission Statement and The Arc Gloucester goals within the program.
- Ensure the programs meet all requirements of DHS, DDD licensing and other Regulatory Agencies that impact on the program.
- Ensure supervisory employees carry out their job responsibilities in a manner consistent with The Arc Gloucester Policies and Procedures, Licensing standards, Certification (CQL) standards and program-specific policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership through a positive attitude and attributes and developing efficient and effective initiatives that mold supervisory employees into a team.
- Provide coordination & monitoring by conducting on site and off site visits to programs to ensure the achievement of The Arc Gloucester’s philosophy and goals.
- Assist with the development and implementation of program goals and objectives consistent with The Arc Gloucester mission.
- Provide orientation and demonstration of agency practices while mentoring supervisory staff.
- Responsible for auditing of program finances/funds, medication, electronic/written documentation and supplies as needed or requested.
- Monitor data entered in the Therap (EHR) system ensuring staff submit quality daily entries on every shift.
- Generate Residential Medicaid billing according to outlined directives.
- The Assistant Director will ensure the individual data and information stored in the Electronic Health System (Therap) is accurate and regularly updated as needed.
- Participate in the hiring, progressive discipline, evaluation and termination process. Responsible for supervisory staff annual performance appraisals.
- Responsible for completing a monthly report, reviewing and submitting billing vouchers, signing time sheets, reviewing expense reports, and other reports as needed.
- Participate in QEP and CQL monitoring activities to ensure the achievement of quality outcomes.
- Assist with implementing new initiatives and participate in collecting data and interviewing for agency reviews.
- Must comply with the DDD Supports Manual, all agency Policies/Procedures, and all relevant state and federal regulations. (ie. Stephen Komninos’ Law & Danielle’s Law)
- Must cooperate with the organization, DHS, DDD, and Medicaid licensing entities, and other funding sources in any review, investigation, or inspection.
- Perform other duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by supervisor.
Employment Specialist Supervisor
Department: Supported Employment/Individual
Qualifications: Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field, plus one year of successful experience in human services or employment services or graduated from an accredited college with an Associate’s degree plus two years of successful experience in human services or graduated with a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience in occupational areas similar to those being offered at the program. A combination of college and technical school may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Have a clear understanding of the demands and expectations in business and industry. Successfully pass initial and ongoing state/federal criminal background checks, CARI checks, Central Registry check and drug screens. Have and maintain a valid NJ driver’s license with less than 5 points. Must have reliable transportation and proof of current car insurance if transporting clients in their vehicles. Have good written and verbal presentation skills. Able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekends.
Mandatory Training: Must successfully complete training in Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, Standard First Aide/CPR, Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Danielle’s Law, Employment Specialist training, Bundle Medication Mock Med – within the required time frames. And, complete required additional training hours as mandated by The Arc Gloucester and its funding sources.
Supervision: Will be under the direct supervision of the Team Leader for that program.
Objective: To identify and develop opportunities for pre-employment and employment services such as but not limited to career planning, prevocational training, community based supports (individual & small group), transportation, job development, job coaching, recruiting staff and individuals needing services and long term follow along services.
Major Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Team Leader, to develop, implement and monitor pre-employment and employment services funded through various funding sources including but not limited to DDD and DVRS.
- DDD/Supports Program and CCW Program: Assist with the development and implementation of opportunities for services under the Fee For Service System, such as career planning, prevocational training, community based supports, supported employment, ISPs, curriculums, benefits, transportation and travel training.
- Directly supervise the Employment Specialists. Create and monitor employee schedules. Provide materials and training support to The Arc Gloucester employees, as well as, other employers in the community. Provide support to employers in the community and direct monitoring.
- Establish a working relationship with the funding sources and support coordination agencies.
- Utilize The Arc Gloucester’s businesses as well as the community sites as pre-employment and employment-related training sites.
- Comply with all policies and procedures including but not limited to The Arc Gloucester’s Policies and Procedures, DDD SE/Day Program Manual, DDD Supports Manual, DDD CCP Manual, DVRS Contract Agreements, CQL Accreditation Requirements and all applicable State, Local and Federal regulations. Cooperate with all State/Federal reviews.
- DVRS/Job Development: Assist with the development and implementation of employment related opportunities.
- DVRS/Long Term Follow Along: Assist with the development and implementation of employment related services under DVRS.
- Complete all required paperwork and billing documents within the established time frames for each funding source.
- Document manually and electronically as required by The Arc Gloucester and its funding sources.
- Assist with transportation as needed. Complete vehicles logs and mileage sheets.
- Perform other duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily on the attached Job Analysis sheet. on the attached Job Analysis sheet. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Qualifications: BA/BS degree with at least two years of related experience is required. Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete training as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and/or other funding sources. Employees are required to complete the mandated preservice training as well as the ongoing annual professional development hours thereafter. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends if necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Category: Exempt – Full-time – 12 months
Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervision: Assistant Executive Director
- Demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for the Mission of The Arc Gloucester.
- Planning and Executing Fundraising and Community Awareness events of all sizes.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience planning and executing successful fundraising and community awareness events of all sizes, experience implementing donor engagement, including: managing donor relationships, communicating and meeting with donors, overseeing gift recording and acknowledgment, researching ways to bring in additional funds, and experience working with prospect research software. Must possess excellent organizational and computer skills. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Adult Activities Center Nurse
Qualifications: High School Diploma and current New Jersey LPN License
Supervision: Center Supervisor
Objective: Under administrative supervision provides appropriate and responsible services in a daily training center program for people with developmental disabilities requiring extensive care.
- Measure and administer oral and/or external medications in accordance with physician’s standing orders.
- Maintains daily consumer medication records.
- Reports general observations of consumer’s medical conditions to center supervisor.
- Performs basic first aid as required.
- Assists consumers in physical therapy activities as directed.
- Assists consumers in routine bathing, feeding and toilet training programs.
- Participates in annual consumer program planning.
- Completes routine daily consumer training records and current progress reports.
- Assists in loading and unloading consumers from vehicles when necessary.
- Participates in extracurricular center activities during evening and weekend times as necessary.
- All staff must comply with the DDD Program Manual, The Arc Gloucester Policies and Procedures Manual and applicable state, local and federal regulations.
- Employee must cooperate with The Arc Gloucester, Division Staff and Developmental Disability Licensing staff in any review, investigation or inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to consumers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk to hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Day
Full Time Monday through Friday at one of our several Adult Training Sites in Gloucester County working with men and women with developmental disabilities.
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL's) i.e. feeding, toileting, changing diapers.
- Provide consumers with recreational opportunities.
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license required
- Over 18 years of age
- Ability to successfully pass a physical which includes a drug screen, criminal background check, and CARI is required.
- Previous experience as a nurse's aide or training is preferred.
(See also Position Fact Sheet or ask about our As Needed Substitute Staff)
Residential and Assistant Residential Manager
The Arc Gloucester is seeking both a Director and an Assistant Residential Manager to work full time in a Group Home in Gloucester County.
- A minimum of three years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required with 5 points or less.
- FT benefits package.
Driver - CDL - Part-time 28 hours
Local driving of the indivudals we service to their activities and programs. Responsible for ensuring passenger safety, the cleaning of vehicle and communication for the need for repairs. A CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement required with 5 points or less. Satisfactorily pass physical/drug screaming/criminal check chich includes CARI check.
Driver - Substitute - as needed
Local driving of the individuals we service to their activities and programs, mainly in the evenings and weekends. Responsible for ensuring passenger safety, the cleaning of the vehicle and communication for the need for repairs. A driver's license required with 5 points or less. Satisfactorily pass ongoing physical/drug screening/criminal check which includes CARI check.
In-Home Respite Program and Saturday Drop-Off P/T, 15-19 hrs. per week (avg.); provide direct care services for children and adults with developmental disabilities either in their homes or in center based program; various days/hours based on the need of the families, with late afternoon, night and weekend hours being the most needed; must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver's license with 5 points or less to travel throughout Gloucester County and HS diploma/GED is required; experience with children and/or adults with developmental disabilities a plus.
After School Aide – Part time
Provide supervision and assistance to children with development disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities in an after school program. Potential hours are from 2 pm to 6 pm Monday - Friday when school is in session and vary with student participation.
Experience working with children (ages 5 - 21) with developmental disabilities a plus. Staff employed at The Arc Gloucester must successfully complete the provided training within ninety (90) days of date of hire. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license. High School Diploma or GED required
Maintenance (Handyperson) Worker
Basic knowledge and experience of maintenance and repairs to office, buildings, grounds and equipment. Must have general handyperson knowledge such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, janitorial, lawn maintenance and snow removal. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, effectively and professionally with program staff and individuals served.
Camp Sun N Fun - Summer Seasonal Camp Positions
It is not too early to think about working for the summer only at our day and overnight camp. Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school degree or GED and willing to be trained and have fun. Our camp is located in a beautifully wooded rural section of Williamstown, NJ. THe camp's charming, rustic atmosphere and diverse staff including international exchange counselors, offers camping excellence for campers (children and adults) each session. Go to https://campsunnfun.campbrainstaff.com to apply for Camp positions. If offered any camp position, all candidates must successfully pass a post offer physical which includes a drug screen as well as criminal, CARI, reference checks and NJ Central Registry.
If offered any position, all candidates must successfully pass a post offer physical which includes a drug screen as well as criminal, CARI, reference checks and NJ Central Registry checks.
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode