A Letter from Jake Jones, CEO 3/19/2020:
To The Arc Gloucester Families and Stakeholders:
These challenging times remind us just how important our programs and services are to the individuals, families and communities we serve. With that in mind, please know that our leadership team is working tirelessly and taking every precaution to make sure that we continue to operate in a safe and effective manor throughout this extraordinary situation.
Like many other businesses and organizations, we have taken important steps to safeguard you and the community, including educating our workforce on how to stay safe by following CDC guidelines and recommendations, increasing frequency of communications via email, modifying work arrangements when appropriate and allowable and connecting virtually instead of meeting face-to-face. We have also postponed in-person training and fundraising events that put people in closer proximity to each other.
As you are likely aware, there is a widespread shortage of disinfectant products and masks. Our leadership team is working with our state and local health departments to acquire additional supplies as they are essential to our ability to maintain the health and safety of our staff. We are distributing the supplies we have on hand and prioritizing based on program needs and volume.
As the situation rapidly changes, we will continue to evolve our response to it.
Even as we respond to this unprecedented event, we must continue to ensure The Arc Gloucester continues to position itself for an even stronger future.
Thank you for your continued support.
Jake J. Jones,
Updates Regarding Programs and COVID-19 as of 3/16/2020, 8 PM
- Visitors: Due to the serious health issues that can occur as a result of exposure to the Covid-19 virus, The Arc Gloucester is restricting visitors at our residential programs. The safety and well-being of the individuals we provide services to is our utmost priority. We encourage friends and family to stay in touch with their loved one by calling or emailing the group home.
- We are also asking that visitors refrain from coming to our day programs, office of support services, and administrative office unless absolutely necessary. Anyone looking for employment information can visit the employment tab to download an application. Vendors and other guests are asked to call our administrative office for assistance instead of visiting in person. The number for our administrative office is 856-848-8648. We want to do our part to help control this virus and keep our community healthy. Thank you.
- Travel Camp: Travel Camp scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled. Individuals who were registered to attend will receive a full refund.
- Life Long Learning: The Spring Semester of Life Long Learning has been cancelled. Individuals registered to attend will receive a full refund.
- Day Programs: All day programs remain closed until further notice per the DDD. See below for a statement from the DDD regarding recommendations/mandates in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
"DDD is calling for immediate actions to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). No later than Tuesday, March 17, all Division-funded, facility-based day services have been directed to close until advised otherwise. Additionally, the Division has directed that community outings facilitated by providers that are not for the health or safety of an individual should be discontinued immediately."
The Arc Gloucester encourages you to join us in monitoring state and national public health websites for the most up-to-date information and guidance.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.
Announcement Regarding COVID-19
To The Arc Gloucester Families & Stakeholders:
In consideration of the developing health crisis among us, The Arc Gloucester leadership team has been working diligently to keep abreast of updates from National, State and Local Authorities while evaluating our operational process and procedures to mitigate service interruptions.
At this time, due to the escalating health risks to our vulnerable population, we have decided to take steps that will minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus in order to best protect the safety, health and welfare of our service recipients, caregivers, support staff and families.
With that, The Arc Gloucester will be temporarily closing all day programs until further notice, effective close of business 3/13/2020.
We will continue to communicate as the situation develops.
Thank you for your continued support.